Often people ask or say things related to running that annoy me but most of the time I chalk it up to them not knowing. But as I prepare for the race in the paraphrased words of Erykah Badu, “keep in my mind I’m artist and I’m sensitive about my (race)!”
Here are a few things you should not ask or say to me before, during, or after my race:
1) How long did (will) it take you? A very long time! Let’s just treat it like a 9-5 job.
2) What was your time? I’m not a competing runner, I’m slow but I go. If you really want to know it will be on the Rock N Roll website. Just know my goal is to simply finish.
3) What was your running pace? Really? I finished. What was yours? See #1 and #2.
4) What place did you come in? Unless you ran a marathon on the same day, I came in quicker than you. See #2.
5) Are you tired? Did it hurt? It’s 26.2 miles, of course I’m tired and I’m sure it will hurt. You’re only allowed to ask this question if you are offering a massage certificate. Hint, hint.
6) The best thing to say is Congratulations! Well done. Save the questions for Trivia. Now if you are at the finish line you are allowed to ask/say whatever you like because that means you stuck with me until the end. And we all know it will be the very end! Ha!
Note: If you want to know any of the questions, feel feee to track me, www.runrocknroll.com/savannah.